Friday, May 23, 2008

Fall Backs

As we amble through life, why not thrive to live as many aspects it has to offer?

Why shorten our capacity for life, by not incorporating as many virtues this world has to offer?

To taste as many worldly cuisines as possible ...

To hear as much diverse music as possible ...

To meet and great the myriad of souls the world has living in it ...

Can anyone tell me why one would limit themselves to one microscopic drop in a worldy bucket? What possible joy is there in the myopicy of self-dissolutionment? Why would anyone separate the self from the world and think inward, instead of reach outward?

If my favorite rock band is not playing on a weekend, I have an Irish band to fall back on ... If my favorite Irish band is not playing, I have a jazz club to fall back on ... If the jazz club is too crowded, I have a blues club downtown to fall back on ... I've never complained on not having anywhere to go.

If my favorite pizza joint is too crowded, I have my middle-eastern restaurant to fall back on ... If the "gyros king" feels too heavy, I have my favorite sushi restaurant to fall back on ... If I'm not in the mood for sushi, I have a local Irish pub for great pub style food to fall back on ... I've never complained on not having anything to eat and drink.

Within each club, bar, and restaurant there is as diverse a clientele as the various forms of music and styles of cuisine ... the ambiance of such is lost, while the mind is closed ...

I am never bored. I never rely so heavily upon one thing that all else fades away into non-existence ... possibly because I shed my armor of prejudice long ago, and opened my eyes to what is actually there ...

There are some things that I've read, that I have yet to experience ... but, there are many more things that I have experienced because of what I have learned through world cultural rhetoric ... words justify a means to meaning ... density are in those few, who have not relished in the givings of the vastness of cultural identity ...

At some point, it is inevitable the safety net will be cut, and what then will you have to fall back on? ...

Respect is taken, when respect is given ...

Namaste and Slainte

No comments: