Friday, May 23, 2008

Moral Provocation

""PROVOCATION - The act of inciting another to do something.""


Recently, it's been brought to my attention that I may have contradicted some of my beliefs, and I feel some sort of explanation might be in order. Someone I met over the weekend prompted me to write this blog ...

It's easy for me to say that it goes against my beliefs or my convictions to say that something is "none of my business" or that "I don't care" - it's not that I don't care about a person or what they are having to go through, but I don't care enough to have issues taken upon whatever problem it may be. The issue then becomes something else entirely at that point - that point being, if something is continuously brought up then I take it upon myself to oblige a stand on moral grounding.

Keeping in mind, of course, that the other individual is telling something that doesn't need to be said - oft times repeatedly. Things that should be kept private should never be told to anyone.

The only example of this I can give is that when someone is publicly defaming another individual, I feel it my moral obligation to say something. It oft times does nothing to sway the other persons self-delusional mindset, however, another voice combating ill spoken words is morally justified, in that it shows that more than one person thinks what they are saying is wrong.

Still, oft times more than the before mentioned, it is no one in the direct parties that are making voices heard - rather, the voices of those around the parties involved that continue to lash out upon old wounds.

So, to reiterate to the beginning of this blog:

I don't care, until it becomes apparent that myself or one my friends is in direct need of logical reasoning rhetoric, that would otherwise inhibit said friend or self from moving past whatever the circumstance.

It's none of my business, until it is apparent that sides have to be chosen, and boundry lines drawn.

Morality, Civility, and Ethics are not taught in school anymore - they should be. One has to live moral convictions, not just read a book about them ...

There is a fine line between right and wrong, however, the line is thick between intelligence and wisdom ...

That being said, in all my years of learning and living a thought process based on convictions I hold as true moral, civil, and ethical grounding, I have contradicted nothing ...

Respect is taken, when respect is given ...

Namaste and Slainte

No comments: