Friday, May 23, 2008

Perfection vs. Imperfection

It's been my lot in life to analyze everything, no matter the situation; no matter the person, place, or thing. In that regard, I recently started taking a class involving cognitive therapy in comparison with Buddhism - it's interesting to me how modern science and common sense can meld into basically the same thought process. At the very bottom are a few remarks regarding this process.

On with the blog! I have recently come to a conclusion that true perfection, lies in being imperfect.

What do I mean. "Things are the way they are, because that's the way things are." Wrap your mind around that one, if you can - (I'm still trying to figure it out... ) - moreover, things sometimes work, or things work only half-way, or things partially work out to the way we planned.

But, here's the thing - the part that worked out for the better is the part that counters the part that didn't work out at all. The good is really great, the bad is indifferent, (not worse), only because it's the balancing point of taking things as they come, because that's the way things are.

Being imperfect is the only consistant notion there is, therefore, in my opinion, being imperfect is the most perfect thing we have in the world.

It's also my opinion then, that taking the good in things is the only way to go.

"All good fate, to those who wait - that which comes will be great, and that which does not, will not matter." (Can't remember where I heard that quote, but it's stuck with me for many, many years...)

Respect is taken, when respect is given ...

Namaste and Slainte
~BG~

No comments: