Friday, May 23, 2008

Unattainable Wish

I don't think I'm alone in saying that everyone has wished that they could have a thing, or a person, or an idea. Some would call that envy, or vain and useless wishes. Freud has stated such; Buddha as well ...

On some points I agree, some I do not ...

What I would agree with is the envious nature we most of the time wish toward someone with a material possession that we also crave ... material possessions can be replaced at any time, at any place ... and material possessions are always being upgraded, so it then becomes a voracious one-upmanship - or gluttonous envy ...

Wishing for an idea is a lame excuse, in my opinion, for the laziness of one's own thinking ... with all the resources we have at our fingertips, there is no excuse for coming up with original ideas ... progression has always been based on something that was always there, but molded and re-cast, and essentially upgraded ...

Wishing for people, in my opinion, again, is the lack of trying, or thrusting one's self into a position that that one wished for person is in ... most commonly would be people in the entertainment industry ... I give this example, because the most wished for thing is money ... do, or do not - don't wish ...

What I would disagree with is the fate tied to that one unattainable ... when fate, enters the picture it supercedes all things that can be upgraded, or something that we must have, and gives into something that we can't have ... and by 'can't', I mean something that we must allow ourselves to give into by letting the unknown take its course ...

Recently, an unattainble has shed new light... the dark of doing the right thing or doing what feels right, based on my belief and faith in the fates, has cast a shadow of doubt over this new light ...

My feelings for this unattainable have never wavered, since its introduction a few years ago ... I have since become mired by the choice of furthering something that has grown into something that very few people have, or exploring a new avenue and potentially destroying that good thing ... that good thing being an uncanny and a marvelously truthful and sturdy friendship ... almost soul-mate qualities in a friendship, rather than a relationship of love ...

What I wish for is not a person, thing, or an idea ... all of those could be by-products, in due time ...

My wish is for that unattainable choice to become more clear ...


Respect is taken, when respect is given ...

Namaste and Slainte

No comments: