Thursday, June 25, 2009

Memory From A Movie

I’ve always stated that I love watching films and movies, because it gives us a glimpse into what another might be thinking; and as it turns out, they sometimes are thinking of the same things we are. Imagine that!

Watching a movie today brought back a memory of my grandparents, my grandma in particular. The basic phrase was, “Passing things on to our grandchildren, assures us that we’ll live on after we’re gone.”

And that’s how you know you love someone – watching a film, made through someone else’s eyes, that brings a tear to the eye, because of a shared memory.

Yes, I did happen to think of my own grandma, whom passed 2 years ago. But, then I got to thinking, in movies it’s usually based on something material, a possession that’s passed through a multi-generational facet of something tangible. For me, it was ideals and notions, of ethics and morality, instilled in me that will stay a lifetime that I, too, hope to one day pass on …

It’s the little things in life that seem to mean so much … slow things down, or you might just miss out on something grand …

Respect is taken, when respect is given …

Namaste and Slainte
~BG~

No comments: