Friday, May 23, 2008

Trials of Fate

I am not a believer of religion. I don't practice idolatry. I am a believer of ideology. Fate is the idea that the future is predetermined through a set course of events - beginning with our past.

One must never lose focus on the present. The past is what determines our present, and the present is what determines our future. Fate is the course of events leading up to the future. I believe in fate so much, that it actually blinded me in the present.

It is also said, through The Fates of Greek mythology, that the negativity of life stems from not living. We pretend to want something, when in all actuality we need something else. When we go for the want instead of the need, the shortcomings of life rear their ugly head. This aspect is still a part of fate, but it shows the paradox between living life for you and living life for the want - happiness VS. misery - both following the path of the same fate.

"Human beings have an almost unlimited capacity for self-delusion. We can justify any amount of sadness if it fits our own particular standard of reality ... we are passive victims, consuming our own fears."
- Martin Greenwald-

I wrote in an earlier blog that we sometimes don't know when to give up the things we love the most, because we are temporarily blinded from events in the present. I was hypocritical of my own statement, stemming from the above quote, about myself and those around me. I allowed myself to be consumed into the blackness of smarm and self-delusion.

I had forgot about the impermanence of everything in the world. Self-imposed limitations are deafening to the core of true happiness - true happiness can only be attained from within. From within, to without - not the other way around.

It's fate that things begin, and it's fate that things end. Fate begins and ends exactly the way it is supposed to, and we gain knowledge from everything and everyone along the way.

Pain sometimes gets the better of our emotions, for it is the easiest to feel, acknowledge, and express. We sometimes say things that we do not mean in the true sense of its context - I'm guilty of it, as we all have been at some point. But, pain is a shroud that can easily be lifted by thinking inward every now and again to collect and organize thoughts.

Lifes learning experiences are, in point of fact, experienced in many different ways and in many forms of light. And through which, we measure fate from knowledge and how we ultimately live life. And life itself continues on through it's many trials.

Respect is taken, when respect is given ...

Namaste and Slainte

No comments: